Standard Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Evidence based Internationally award winning training
2 days - 12 hours Training
MHFA courses teach mental health first aid strategies to members of the public. Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, or in a mental health-related crisis, until appropriate professional treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
MHFA courses can provide members of the community with:
- Skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems;
- Knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems;
- Awareness of the evidenced based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available;
- Skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem;
- Skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.
Developing mental health problems covered:
Depression Anxiety Psychosis Substance misuse
Mental health crisis covered:
Suicidal thoughts and behaviours Non-suicidal self injury Panic attacks Traumatic events Severe psychotic states Severe effects from alcohol or other drug misuse Aggressive behaviours
We specialise in conducting MHFA in your workplace and in your work context. Our delivery of MHFA is interactive, interesting and practical. We bring the 'Brain Ambulance lived experience' difference to your training.
MHFA is not just for your workplace - it is a skill for life.
Please contact us for a quote and more information.
Max 20 participants per course
Brain Ambulance has Award Winning Instructors including Master Instructors, Principal Master Instructors.
(photo below of Deb Reveley CEO of Brain Ambulance receiving her award)