At the National Mental Health Services (TheMHS) Conference in September 2003, the MHFA Program was the Winner of the Mental Health Promotion & Mental Illness Prevention Program Award.
Please follow this link for updated and accurate information regarding the research and evaluation of MHFA.
Evaluation & Publications
Mental Health First Aid Research
There is a program of research to evaluate the effects of the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training course. So far, the following journal articles have been published.
- Uncontrolled trial with the public, 2001
- Controlled trial in the workplace, 2002
- Controlled trial in a rural area, 2003
- Qualitative study of first aiders experiences, 2004
- Australian National Survey: Looks at Mental Health First Aid Responses of Public, 2003-2004
- MHFA Training: review of evaluation studies, 2005
- Overview of the MHFA Training and Research Program
- The international spread of the MHFA Program, 2007
- Improving mental health capacity in rural communities, 2008
- Description and evaluation of a MHFA program for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, 2009
- Enhancing mental health knowledge and skills of agents working with farmers, 2009
- Evaluation of Mental Health First Aid training with members of the Vietnamese community in Melbourne, Australia